Shoulder Pain Relief
The shoulder is an incredible part of the body that is susceptible to injury. When an injury occurs in this area of the body, you may be left with restricted movement or severe pain. But you don’t have to wait until the pain goes away. You can schedule an appointment with our chiropractor at Jacobson Sports Chiropractic in Lakeway, TX, for shoulder pain relief.
Shoulder Pain: Causes and Treatment
The shoulder is the most movable joint in our body. Because of that, shoulder problems and pain are quite common. The socket of the shoulder is smaller than the ball of the upper arm, which increases the risk of injury. Moreover, shoulders are also supported by soft tissues (muscles, ligaments, and tendons) that are also subject to overuse, injuries, and degeneration. There are different causes of this type of pain, and the most common are the following:
- Dislocation: The shoulder can get dislocated easily. In most cases, it is caused by a strong force that separates the joint's socket from the joint's ball.
- Rotator cuff tendinitis: It is a condition characterized by swollen tendons.
- Impingement syndrome: This condition is the result of overuse or injury of the rotator-cuff tendons in the shoulder.
- Arthritis: An inflammation of the joints.
- Frozen shoulder: This condition limits your range of motion because the shoulder tissues become thicker and tighter.
- Spinal cord injury
- A pinched nerve in the shoulder or neck
Regardless of the cause of the shoulder pain, one of the primary and most important tasks is to ease the pain and restore the proper function to the shoulder. In order to do this, there are various treatment options available, including the following:
- Changing how you perform certain activities, which is called activity modification
- RICE, which is Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation
- Physical therapy
However, the choice of treatment depends on the severity of the injury. Therefore, the first thing you should do if your shoulder is injured is to see your doctor.
Chiropractic Care as An Alternative Treatment
Chiropractic adjustments are often used to restore normal alignment of the shoulder joints. Our chiropractor may use only manual or instrument-assisted equipment to adjust the shoulder and reduce the pain. Other methods used by our chiropractor to help ease shoulder pain are hydro massage, acupuncture, physical therapy, Graston Technique, and the Active Release Technique.
Our Chiropractor in Lakeway, TX, Can Help You Achieve Your Wellness Goals
If you a resident of Lakeway, TX, and you are suffering from pain in the shoulder, do not wait any longer. Jacobson Sports Chiropractic is ready to help you to recover and accomplish your health goals. Our chiropractor has years of experience to relieve your shoulder pain and prevent the pain from occurring again. Do not hesitate to call us today at 512-999-2449 and schedule an appointment with Dr. John Jacobson.